If you are looking for a tasty ice cream recipe that’ll satisfy your sweet cravings without the hundreds of calories, we got you. This lightened up, sweet and soft ice cream is not only a creamy piece of heaven but also only 40 calories! Plus, it’s rich in phytonutrients and calcium. And if this wasn’t enough reason to dig in, here are some other benefits you’ll get from this “ice cream,” thanks to the mint.
- Buh bye Benadryl – Mint’s antioxidant rosmarinic acid, has anti-inflammatory properties which are helpful in relieving seasonal allergy symptoms. Ba bye Benadryl!
- No Colds Winter – Menthol, which is a natural decongestant in mint, helps break up phlegm and mucus, relieving sore throats
- No Indigestion Here – Mint eases the stomach and is a calming herb. It improves the flow of bile through the stomach, speeding digestion.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Ingredients, Serves 2
- 1 cup quartered strawberries or frozen sliced strawberries
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup creamy vanilla flavored or plain non-dairy yogurt (dairy options work too)
- Put strawberries in a glass bowl; place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Strawberries should be partially frozen, but not hard. If you’re using frozen strawberries, put them in room temperature for about five to ten minutes.
- Using a blender, pulse the strawberries, mint and yogurt together. Once combined, blend on low speed for 15 seconds to make it creamy.
- Place your “ice cream” back into the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 60 minutes minimum.
- Divide into two bowls and enjoy!
Nutrition, per serving
40 calories, 0.3g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 126mg potassium, 8g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 2g protein
Added bonus: 71% Vitamin C