Who doesn’t love a delicious bowl of pasta? Not us. This recipe is not only scrumptious but also packed with nutrients. Thanks to the lentil/chickpea pasta (such as Banza) you’ll get more than 13 grams of protein in one serving! Below we have the perfect nutrient-packed recipe for you! Go ahead and dive in! You won’t regret it.
- 2oz lentil/chickpea pasta, dry weight (we LOVE Banza for the protein packed punch!)
- 1 ounce of non-dairy vegan cheese/mozzarella (can be small cubes or shredded – we love Violife)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp roasted red pepper (packed in water), chopped
- First, cook the pasta according to the box’s directions. Pro tip: leave a wooden spoon on the top of the pasta pot to ensure it doesn’t boil over (of course, if deemed safe with your specific kitchen tools!).
- While pasta is cooking, measure out the remainder of your ingredients and chop the roasted peppers.
- Drain the pasta, then put it back into the pot.
- Mix in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil. Then, mix in the peppers and cheese. Can be served hot or cold! Enjoy!