- 1 tsp canola oil (Note: Although we love olive oil, it isn’t good for cooking as it breaks down under high heat and oxidizes)
- 1/3 cup fresh broccoli
- 3 tbsp edamame, shelled
- 2 tbsp pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup snow peas, fresh
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp red cabbage, fresh
- 1 tbsp Stir-fry Sauce (We used Kikkoman)
- 1/2 cup tofu, lite firm (chopped)
- 1/2 cup brown rice, long grain (cooked and warm)
- Ginger, powdered (as desired)
- Red Cayenne Pepper, as desired
- Onion or Garlic Powder, as desired
Optional – 1 TBSP Stir-fry Sauce (or Teriyaki! We love Primal Kitchen)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the tofu and gently stir to ensure each side browns.
- Mix in your “extras” (veggies, and pineapple) and toss occasionally as your delicious meal browns for 4 to 5 minutes.
- While cooking, put the warmed, cooked rice into a bowl.
- Once tofu and veggie mixture has reached the desired “brown-ness,” gently stir in the sauce into the skillet and pour over the rice! Sprinkle the ginger, pepper, onion powder and/or garlic powder if desired. Grab your chopsticks and enjoy!
Nutrition Information, per 1 serving
304 calories, 8 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 363mg potassium, 46g carbohydrates, 8g dietary fiber, 8g sugar, 15 protein
Additional benefits: 57% Vitamin A, 176% Vitamin C, 70% Manganese